Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural bouquets garnis
1ramito compuesto masculine
- The standard bouquet garni is now a bundle of thyme, bay leaf, and parsley; but the composition of the bundle is variable and cooks have their own preferences.
- Add chopped onions, peeled carrots, a bouquet garni made of parsley stalks, leek and celery sticks and a little bundle of thyme all tied up with string.
- Instead I found a pleasing bouquet garni of sage and thyme, solid blackcurrant, plum and complementary Asian spice.
- Also, while it won't be the end of the world if you don't add the bouquet garni or the parsley, it will make your dinner taste better.
- Add the carrot, white wine, chicken stock, tomato, and the bouquet garni and bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, cayenne pepper, and the bouquet garni.
- Remove from the heat and discard the bouquet garni.
- Add the fish stock and the bouquet garni and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat, add the bouquet garni, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add 250 ml of the beef broth and the bouquet garni, cover and bring to the boil.
- His appreciation for herbs led him to come up with the ingenious idea of a bouquet garni: a small posy of fragrant herbs tied up in a porous fabric for slow seasoning in stews and soups.
- Bay is a herb that is invariably slung into stews or tucked into a bouquet garni.
- Cover the ham with water, then throw in your vegetables, bay leaves, peppercorns and bouquet garni.
- Throw in the bouquet garni, bring to a simmer and cook at a very gentle simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and chopped herbs or bouquet garni.
- Reduce the heat, add the garlic and bouquet garni, and maintain at a simmer.
- Increase the heat, add the onions, carrots, celery, bouquet garni, and water, and bring to a boil.
- Add the reserved both and bouquet garni, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- Tie with a piece of butcher's twine to form a bouquet garni, In a saucepan, add the Port and bouquet garni.
- In a heavy casserole, pour chicken stock or water to a depth of 5cm and add the carrots, large onions, celery, peppercorns and bouquet garni.