Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1.1(in bowling alley)bolos masculinebowling masculine
- Bickershaw batted first but, as has been the case all summer, Wythenshawe's superb bowling saw them skittled out for just 84.
- It would have involved bowling frozen turkeys down the ice at skittles.
- This float looks like a miniature skittle seen in a bowling lane.
- When you spend time away from a physical skill such as bowling, your feel suffers.
- For the first time in his life, he had time to devote to new hobbies, chief among them bowling.
- Hoggard likes bowling simply because he likes bowling and he would rather think about his pet dog than the complexities of cricket which so fascinate many other people.
- The exhausted candidate decided to unwind with a midnight game of ten-pin bowling and asked Klein to join him.
- Adare Active Retirement Association will hold ten pin bowling at the Bowling Centre, Ennis Road this Thursday.
- They will first visit the National Aquatic Centre in Abbotstown, followed by ten pin bowling in Blanchardstown.
- As well as swimming, ten pin bowling and football, Simon is a keen actor with the Mind the Gap drama group and attends Craven College in Skipton.
- The group continues to enjoy bingo and ten pin bowling on alternate Tuesdays.
- Despite this, she is able to shop, cook, clean and carry out many other day-to-day tasks as well as take part in her favourite hobbies of ten-pin bowling and ice-skating.
- Some recreational activities were retained to cater for the needs of the ADF population across all age groups, such as golf and ten-pin bowling.
- Brendan's chosen events are ten-pin bowling and golf.
- Plans to build a new £500,000 ten-pin bowling centre and roller-skate rink in Selby have finally been given the go-ahead.
- At about quarter to four there was a text message from Leigh saying that if it was still raining at 5pm he would pick everyone up and we could go ten-pin bowling.
- Cream teas, ten-pin bowling and a visit to Stonehenge are just some of the experiences planned for a group of exchange students due to visit Trowbridge next week.
- They have been swimming at Dauntsey's School, horse riding at Burbage, and have also gone ten-pin bowling and ice skating.
- There had been a puffball big enough for ten-pin bowling.
- It is comprised of computerised ten pin bowling; children's soft play areas and birthday party areas.
- For the more sedate, there was ten pin bowling and splat the rat.
- The French flautists joined in all other activities, including ten pin bowling, sight-seeing and shopping.
- Sports such as golf, tennis, squash, rugby and ten-pin bowling were contested.
- He is more than 100 years old and enjoys ten-pin bowling and chamber music.
- She would stay at mine a lot when she first came up to Scotland and we'd socialise, going ten-pin bowling or to the cinema.
- Ten pin bowling isn't the greatest spectator sport, even if you know the people involved.
- There are all kinds of recreation, such as indoor bowling, card games, keep fit exercises, rings and many more.
- They've been recommended ahead of a long list of other Olympic aspirants, including squash, surfing, dance sport, bowling and chess.
- These persons may participate in low-intensity sports such as bowling, golf, billiards, and cricket.
- As a sport, bowling has started to shed its image as a game played strictly for weekend fun and recreation.
- We are spending my birthday bowling at King George Bowl in downtown Saskatoon and after that we will be retiring to Ozzie's Restaurant on Idywyld.
- Well, now it's time for a lower impact sport, bowling, with Ciara.
- These included arts and crafts, swimming, knock out competitions, a trip to the cinema, drama, sports, bowling and a day trip out of town.
- Whether bowling is your sport of choice or you'd rather go hiking on any given day, there is a wide variety of athletic shoes to choose from.
- Now, as she sat in her room, she wished that she hadn't given up bowling, a sport she actually enjoyed playing.
- Mr Heyes, 58, started bowling at Keighley AMF Bowl at 7am, cheered on by his friends and family.
- Activities include arts and crafts, sports, swimming, bowling, cinema and a day trip.
- For Brittany, a sense of belonging is nurtured at sports like softball and bowling.
- The other night we took the whole cast to the Hollywood Bowl and were bowling until around 1.30 am.
- Billiards, bowling, chess and golf are among the few sports to allow the sexes to compete against each other.
- Due to the accessible and adaptable nature of the game, bowling is also an ideal sport for the disabled.
- Virtually all of Taylor's predictions about the decline of the sport of bowling have come to pass.
- I know our local association does very little to promote the sport of bowling.
- Roth is considered the man responsible for revolutionizing the sport of bowling.
- Activities included parties, shows, dinners and numerous sports competitions including football, bowling, golf and volleyball.
- Of course, you could also just play a normal game of bowling.
2(in cricket)lanzamiento masculine
- So he told himself he must not play his big shots until he had judged the state of the pitch, the pace of the bowling and the feel of the game.
- McGrath and Lee should open the bowling for Australia Thursday after England captain Michael Vaughan won the toss and decided to bat.
- Although overall the bowling wasn't as good as usual there were no 4-0 games and everyone appeared to enjoy it.
- His colleagues succumbed to the bowling of Tim Grey who took 6-41.
- Lehmann admitted that the bowling so far ‘looked underdone’ but he hoped they had got the kinks out of their armour before taking on Surrey.