Learn English Grammar From A–Z
juego semejante a la petanca que se juega sobre césped
- Other variants such as carpet bowls and indoor bowls have been popular at one time or another.
- It is the role of the shooters to hit and move the cochonnet to their team's advantage, in much the same way as you would move the jack in lawn bowls.
- The Kalbarri Golf Club was founded in 1969 and in 1980, members of the club also installed two greens so that lawn bowls could also be played.
- They say writing letters to the editor of the local paper is a sure sign of the onset of senility, along with talking to yourself and playing bingo or lawn bowls.
- Of all the many sports in which she has found success since, from skiing to lawn bowls to table tennis to powerlifting, Moffat has never quite got round to putting things right when it comes to netball.
- However, as time went on she entered into the activities of the home and in time was participating in all kinds of things from bingo and indoor bowls to singing which she always loved.
- Since his retirement he'd taken up playing golf, lawn bowls and bingo but other than that most of his time was spent in his garden, of which he was very proud.
- I took up pursuits and hobbies such as chess and bowls previously denied me.
- It will include badminton courts, weights and other gym equipment, indoor bowls, aerobics, football and basketball.
- Lawn bowls, fishing and jogging all proved popular, and several crew members were lucky enough to fly with Horn Island-based Coastwatch.
- Betong, a Thai version of lawn bowls, is becoming increasingly popular.
- Perth's suburbs and streets have English names and gardens full of pruned roses, and retirees in starched white play sedate games of lawn bowls in quiet suburbs.
- Short mat indoor bowls re-commenced on Tuesday night at the Town Hall.
- The format of the match, which was held at Thanet Road, saw each triple having two woods, playing two games of both indoor bowls and short mat.
- The club will travel to play bowls in Mountmellick on Tuesday, May 25.
- Sam's great-grandparents also competed for England in bowls.
- I meet up with former work colleagues on Thursday afternoons, in winter for snooker in South Bank, in summer for bowls in Rowntree Park.
- A game of bowls, of course, will follow the meeting.
- However, it is not proposing the bowls centres and golf course be shut.
- Now Ian aims to spend the money on a family holiday to the United States, but first he will be trying to land traditionally the biggest prize in bowls, The Waterloo, when it starts this weekend.