Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural brake horsepower
1potencia al freno feminine
- It has a 350 cubic inch, 5.7 litre engine with 350 brake horsepower, has a listed top speed of 180 miles per hour and does zero to sixty in 4.2 seconds.
- The Cooper S Convertible includes a supercharger that enables the Brazilian-built, 1.6-litre, four-cylinder engine to produce 170 brake horsepower.
- The 5.7 litre 90° V8 develops 340 brake horsepower at 6300 rpm and a massive 583 Nm of torque at 4700 rpm.
- All cars were put on a Dynapack rolling-road chassis dynamometer at race preparer Les Small's Melbourne workshop to ensure every Ford 5.0 litre V8 and Holden 5.7 litre V8 engine has the same output, to within two brake horsepower.
- Evolution class boats are capable of achieving up to 2000 brake horsepower and top speeds of around 90 mph on the water.