Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1mandamás masculine informalcapo masculine Southern Cone informal
- They are basically trading casualties one-for-one with the regime loyalists which, as any brass hat will tell you, ain't no way to win at counter-insurgency.
- A small state with limited resources cannot afford to feed the army of bureaucrats and brass hats of the police.
- The brass hats are furious that an operational matter should be kicked around like a football across the House of Commons chamber.
- Political brass hats attending the recent Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Queensland, Australia, naturally assumed they were receiving the sharpest, tightest security possible.
- Oh, brass hats might complain about items that should be deserved rather than dispensed.