Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1budín de pan masculine
- Five dollars will get you a rich disc of bread pudding made with buttery pieces of brioche, and a crowd of fat, rum-soaked raisins.
- Finally the last ticket comes in, and I plate the pineapple ganache, bread pudding and crème brulee at record speed.
- Other desserts include bananas or papaya in caramel and cream sauce, bread pudding with custard, coconut or banana tarts, delicious coconut sorbet, and a mean coconut nougat.
- Better to try the very respectable coconut cream pie or dizzyingly rich maple bread pudding.
- There's a decent version of flan with a hard, almost enameled caramel top, and a somewhat leaden guava bread pudding made heavier by a layer of plantains.
- When you hear people talk about crawfish etouffe, bourbon-cured salmon, red rice, sweet potato creme brulee or praline bread pudding, the mind automatically goes to either the Low Country or New Orleans.
- Four of us duked it out over a single piece of surprisingly likable Key lime pie, the house bread pudding having sold out by 5 p.m.
- Dessert was warm chocolate bread pudding with 12-year-old Glenfarclas, which tastes of sweet sherry.
- Some, like the moist, fruit-studded bread pudding molded into individual cupcake form, are stunning.
- Chocolate-cherry brioche bread pudding manages to be simultaneously chewy and light, none of its rich flavors insisting too hard.
- Desserts here have been a weak link, from a tough-crusted fruit tart to tough-skinned profiteroles to a too-goopy bread pudding.
- There's also a hopped-up version of banana bread pudding and a delicious-sounding but ultimately failed variety of pot sticker stuffed with diced apples and overly sour goat cheese.
- We shared chocolate bread pudding (which tasted like a soulless brownie) and apple crumb cake which was a depressing affair.
- As a dessert lover, I applaud the apple crisp and banana-and-white-chocolate bread pudding.
- For dessert, there's a blood-orange mousse, served like a Napoleon between wafers of orange tuile, and there's also a wedge of bread pudding soaked in Portuguese brandy.
- All too often, bread pudding is too heavy and solid, but I could have gone for another slice of this stuff.
- Lucky for me, I've made bread pudding before and it's pretty easy.
- Hot bread pudding with vanilla rum is better than any other I've ever tried.
- To serve, invert a timbale of bread pudding on to the center of a plate and remove the timbale mold.
- Old-fashioned bread pudding served with caramel or lemon sauce is a dessert that brings back memories of mother bustling around in the kitchen.