Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(in tennis)punto de ruptura masculine
- After staving off a break point in his opening service game of the second set Agassi treated the crowd to some vintage tennis.
- But the Swiss double-faulted on break point in the next game to leave the match level.
- There was never going to be any recovery but the British pair did finally reach break point in the 27th game of the match only to waste all three opportunities with two unforced errors and a weak return by Henman.
- Lopez paid the price for failing to take advantage of a break point at the beginning of the second set, however.
- Federer totalled 21 aces and never faced a break point, while Philippoussis had 14 aces 13 below his tournament average and a costly double fault in the pivotal first tiebreaker.