Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(of the air)respirable
- I want to try and get breathable air over there and make sure the med lab hasn't detected anything dangerous.
- Despite the planet's bleak look, our surveyor scouts believe there is breathable air there.
- ‘The air is breathable outside,’ he said and stood up.
- Stairway doors, normally closed, stood ajar, with signs that read ‘Keep this door open [increases flow of breathable air]’.
- Inside I saw the reason for the lack of breathable air.
- I took off after her again, my lack of breathable air forgotten.
- Smoking is a privilege while clean, breathable air is a right.
- I was too busy trying to suck in breathable air to fight back.
- Home for her meant colour, breathable air, people and places she knew.
- It had nice trees, small children playing without any fear, the air was breathable, and the sun could be seen.
- He was still unconscious, but his face was no longer blue, since breathable air had started to flow in from the hall.
- She staggered out onto the balcony, dizzy, and searching for breathable air.
- The stale smell of the station hit him suddenly, but it was breathable air.
- Near the northern and southern poles, the air was perfectly breathable.
- Sophia felt as if someone had just sucked out all breathable air from the room.
- The dust was thick and the air was barely breathable.
- With all of the plant life destroyed, making a more breathable atmosphere would take a little longer.
- The atmosphere's breathable, though a little thin.
- A mist began rising from the edges where wall met floor, choking out the breathable atmosphere.
- The atmosphere is thin but breathable and the air temperature is approximately 10 degrees Celsius.