Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1respiro masculinethe bank gave the company a breathing space — el banco le dio un respiro a la compañía
- It was meant to be a one-day pause to give the banks a breathing space but the shut down is now going to last all week.
- Another insight she imparts is that anti-depressants don't work for everyone, but they can give a person breathing space.
- I sat down and watched the world go by, feeling the panic melt, or, more accurately, the new breathing space it freed up as it left.
- A breathing space or a period to reflect might sometimes be a wise precaution before final conclusions.
- We now have the breathing space to get this policy right and achieve agreement on the best way forward.
- Transferring a £2,000 debt to a 0% card could save you up to £500 and give you a valuable breathing space.
- Finally, many cards also offer 0% on purchases for an introductory period, which gives you a valuable breathing space.
- The breathing space will give them a chance to recharge their batteries.
- The breathing space this gave Fighter Command was crucial.
- As she spoke she was amazed to feel some of the tension ebbing from her, giving her a little breathing space.
- He has now been granted a breathing space which he must use to improve his party's languishing poll ratings.
- This gives you a breathing space to reorganise your finances and make inroads into paying off your plastic burden.
- The calendar of the local agricultural year provided slaves with a breathing space.
- For those with fewer resources, a personal loan provides a breathing space.
- This interest-free breathing space is a great opportunity to throw money at your debt and kill it off faster.
- But I do need this break, some breathing space to rediscover myself, my joy and happiness.
- Now I'm conscious of it and if I have six appointments I cancel three to get some breathing space.
- There's not a lot of breathing space, and if there were we'd feel oddly impatient.
- People have to compete with each other for elbow room and breathing space, both of which are in short supply.
- I think it would be best if we took a break from each other, you know, get some breathing space.