Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(with masculine article in the singular) arma de retrocarga feminine
- Rifles became breech-loaders, then repeaters.
- The cartridges fired by these early breech-loaders were lacking in power when compared to muskets.
- The field officers who opposed the breech-loaders saw their job as controlling the troops.
- The breech-loader was probably a swivel gun, although the barrel may have been mounted on a timber block mount.
- It will thus be seen that two men with the breech-loader scored six points more than the fifteen men with the Enfield.