Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1andarivel de salvamento masculine
- Three of the crew were taken ashore by breeches buoy but the vessel then slid off the rocks.
- The rescuers used breeches buoys and lifeboats to bring the crew and passengers to shore.
- A sailor from the sinking ship would climb into the breeches buoy and be pulled to shore.
- Lifesavers hauled the breeches buoy back and forth to the wreck until the last person, usually the captain, was safe.
- The breeches buoy would be passed hand over hand down a line, shot from a rocket on the shore to reach the ships.