Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- But then we got here and I saw how your own brethren in the Order have failed to appreciate your towering nobility.
- He just couldn't bring himself to turn in his fellow brethren, so for the moment, he had to playact as one of them.
- Some of their brethren - including the founder of the faith - had even been murdered for their beliefs.
- When he developed the order in Burgundy he originally intended abstinence for his brethren.
- Thusly, I have been selected by my brethren to represent the younger face of the Christian Brothers.
- And how did Huguenot outlook differ from that of their cross-channel puritan brethren?
- He does so in order to provide solace to his brethren, but also to argue for the importance of fidelity to the Church.
- Like their Serb brethren, ethnic Macedonians are mostly Orthodox Christians.
- The brethren are all experienced priests and devote their lives to saving souls.
- He sought to make Memphis a denominational center for Baptists and called for unity among the brethren.
- What to do with their brethren converted to a white man's religion?
- But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
- You might also want to ask recommendations/referrals from your church, pastor or trusted brethren.
- Seventh Day Baptists in America paralleled their English brethren.
- The ethnic German North American Baptists worked even more directly among their German brethren.
- The young monk flinched, realizing the words of his ancient brethren were true.
- Crying out for help, the monk was rescued by his brethren, but they could see no dragon.
- He could not possibly betray his own brethren could he?
- His father was said to be buried beside his brethren in the castle belonging to his Order.
- It was before the assembled brethren of the Lodge that he exchanged symbolic embraces with Franklin.
- With an almost casual glance, she looked down upon the fallen body of her brethren.
- As she wanders through the village, we see the incredibly evocative faces of her fellow Gypsy brethren.
- The rest of my brethren were there milling about and chatting with their fellow creatures of the night.
- Most civilian pilots adhere to their checklists with the same dedication as their military brethren.
- The healers chose to follow, for they would not abandon their brethren in spite of everything.
- Iowans living in and around Des Moines embraced TV with the same passion as their big city brethren.
- He has consistently distanced himself from his documentarian brethren, both aesthetically and politically.
- But my more technical-minded brethren tend to see things as binary.
- In the Civil War, he fought alongside his Connecticut brethren in the 9th Connecticut Volunteer Regiment.
- Are you and your brethren wiling to accept less money?
- But the ship - and the many luxury trawlers like her - do share some traits with their working brethren.
- I held the nose off in a traditional Air Force ‘aero brake’ attitude I had tried to teach my Navy brethren.