Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(critical comment)diatriba femininecrítica femininebrickbats and bouquets — diatribas y flores
- As an album, it's slightly better than the kneejerk brickbats would have you believe.
- I'm always happy to hear from readers, whether they're delivering brickbats, bouquets or news tip-offs.
- It was the subject of appreciation and brickbats; of Letters to the Editor and newspaper cartoons.
- His career has suffered and he has received many brickbats and few bouquets.
- The company will have to do much better than this, if it is to avoid brickbats and lawsuits in the future.
- The park was a chaos of frenzied movement, bodies launching over the fence, brickbats and clubs swinging.
- She wore outfits of bright green, and hurled arguments about like brickbats.
- We'd nip at the opposing forces heels, dodging their boots and fists, not to mention brickbats and clubs.
- Others hurled brickbats supplied to them by boys who had mounted a wall.