Learn English Grammar From A–Z
adjective brinier, briniest
1the briny — el mar
- ‘On the briny at last,’ says Anthony, as Christopher pours the drinks.
- Then two of my most trusted officers stage a takeover attempt, and we all end up in the briny.
- We had the briny beside us, a carpet of stars above, and two good friends of ours for company.
- Naturally, on days like these you will find folk heading to the nearest stretch of white sand and the briny.
- He and Ras broke loose a plank off the boat and dropped it into the briny below.