Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1brócoli masculinebrécol masculine
- The only vegetables to avoid are any of the cole crops, such as cabbage, mustard or broccoli.
- The vegetable garden is doing quite well, with spuds, broccoli, onions, cabbage and garlic all starting to grow.
- Plant out winter greens, such as broccoli and Brussels sprouts, in the vegetable plot.
- Italian green sprouting or Calabrese broccoli is the most commonly grown heirloom type.
- Plant seed for broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage transplants through mid-August.
- Seedlings for planting out now include cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and celery.
- On our small plot we are plagued by onion mildew and club root; we can no longer grow onions, leeks, cabbages or broccoli.
- It's also a good time to put in root crops as well as broccoli and cabbage, artichokes, asparagus and rhubarb.
- The Cruciferae are any of a family of plants including cabbage, broccoli, turnip, and mustard.
- Sow purple-sprouting broccoli and winter cabbages in trays.
- Another reason for rotation is to get rid of fungi which easily strike crops such as tomatoes, broccoli and cabbage.
- Sow cabbages, broccoli and other brassicas in a sheltered seed bed or in trays in the cold greenhouse.
- Flea beetles like this crop a lot and the best way for me to get broccoli and cauliflower is to start the seedling in flats.
- Like the cauliflower, broccoli is a sort of cabbage in which flowers have begun to form but have stopped growing while still in bud.
- A ten percent germination rate can leave a lot of bare soil in a flower bed, or lead to a disappointment of broccoli.
- Lettuce is, for me, a pain in the neck if it must be done by hand; so are radishes, broccoli, and most herbs.
- A ten-foot row of broccoli will give you enough florets to feed a family of four with plenty left over to freeze.
- After plants stop producing, most people pull up their broccoli and toss it onto the compost pile.
- This new brand of broccoli is right at home in southern climates where it has been so hot and dry the last couple of years.