Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Spoon the broth with vegetables into soup bowls.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook about 25 minutes, until vegetables are tender and broth smells lightly of the cheese.
- Professor Kidunae Ikeda comes home from the physics faculty at the Tokyo Imperial University and sits down to eat a broth of vegetables and tofu prepared by his wife.
- To serve, place some rice and dashi broth into a soup bowl and top with some nori, Japanese leeks, and sesame seeds.
- This is a sophisticated clear broth with sliced fresh vegetables added at the end.
- To serve, spoon some clams and broth into a soup bowl, and garnish with mint and lemon zest.
- It had a dark broth, cooked vegetables and small chunks of meat.
- Slide them into the thick broth and let them cook until opaque - a few minutes, but at any rate less than 10.
- Ladle the broth, chicken and vegetables into four warm soup bowls, and scatter with parsley leaves.
- There's even a very basic tortilla soup, which is little more than a stout chicken broth floating with softened tortilla strips.
- This was rice, sausage, fresh herbs and broth cooked in the oven as you would prepare paella at home.
- The soup is a vegetable broth that tastes eerily of chicken, with overcooked tomatoes, carrots, zucchini and celery.
- I opted for the soup of the day, a vegetable and lentil broth, and a ham, cheese, tomato and Dijon mustard panini.
- Citron grills octopus until it's sultry and smoky, then adds opaline orbs of cod cheeks to soak up a rich black-currant-and-caper broth.
- Surprised by the quality, we came back for a lunch, this time big bowls of chunky vegetable broth flavoured with tarragon and dessert pancakes cooked to order.
- The daily soup was a healthy vegetable broth containing rice, onion, celery, carrot and turnip.
- A vast white bowl of broth thickened with very finely processed but still perceptible vegetables, interspersed with chunky meatballs and big pasta shells.
- Bouillon soup, a thin vegetable-based broth, is also a good source of vitamins and minerals (including salt and potassium), to top up the body's depleted resources.
- Mash some of the beans with a potato masher to thicken the broth.
- There are many different types of soups out there, ranging from consommés and broths to chowders and stews.