Learn English Grammar From A–Z
adjective browner, brownest
1(shoe/dress/paint/eyes) marrón(shoe/dress/paint/eyes) (invariable adjective) café Central America, Chile, Mexico(shoe/dress/paint/eyes) carmelito Colombia(hair) castaño
2(skin/person) (naturally) moreno(skin/person) (suntanned) bronceado(skin/person) (suntanned) morenoto get brown — broncearse
1marrón masculinecafé masculine Central America, Chile, Mexicocarmelito masculine Colombia
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese has slightly browned.
- Squash the mixture down with a palette knife and cook till the bottom has browned and crisped in the butter.
- Spread out in pan and sauté over moderate heat for about four to five minutes, until bottom has crusted and browned.
- Zino recommends that salt be added after the patty has been browned because salt brings out the juices.
- We found fried eggs cooked too quickly and pancakes browned unevenly in the Specifics because the centre of the pan was hotter than the edges.
- If they appear stressed and browned by drought, most will rejuvenate after a good cut back and regular watering.
- Cook over a gentle heat until the vegetables have softened but not browned.
- A large piece of braising meat, usually beef but sometimes lamb or pork, is browned in olive oil in a heavy pot.
- Once the pork has browned and is close to being cooked, add the soy sauce and the juice of the lime and splash more sesame oil.
- Just browned a roast on both sides and stuck it in the crock pot with water and onion soup mix.
- It is important not to crowd the pan, so the beef may need to be browned in 2 batches.
- Once all sides of the roast have been browned, place the roast fat side up on a rack in the roasting pan.
- She tossed dough balls from hand to hand and placed them on a hot tin sheet over the fire where they browned in seconds.
- Stir the vegetables around in the juices, then put the tin back in the oven to finish browning and caramelising at the edges.
- The smell when these are browning under the grill is amazing.
- Cover loosely with foil towards the end of baking to prevent the cake from browning.
- From time to time, push the spuds, particularly those that are browning quickly to one side, and spoon any cooking juices over any that appear dry.
- Now baste the turkey very thoroughly with a long-handled spoon, then return it to the oven for a further 30-45 minutes to finish browning - give it as much basting as you can during this final cooking period.
- Half an hour before kick-off melt the butter and olive oil in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan and add the onions, cooking them very gently for 10 minutes without browning.
- Combine in a frying pan with the olive oil, garlic, fennel seeds, capers, sea salt and pepper, and gently stew for 10 to 15 minutes, without actually ‘frying’ or browning.