Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1oso pardo masculine
- Beavers, black bears, brown bears, harbor seals, moose, sea lions, sea otters, and wolves are among the local mammals.
- Comparing the ancient bear sequences with those of modern bears, the scientists showed that cave bears were more closely related to brown bears than to black bears.
- Smaller than the more common North American brown bear, the black bear may soon be listed as threatened because of the loss of habitat.
- Extinct for more than 10,000 years, cave bears were related to the ancestors of modern brown bears and polar bears.
- A fragment of a bear skull housed for several years in a Canadian museum may be rewriting the history of North America's brown bears.
- North American brown bears prefer open areas interspersed with forests for sheltering cover while resting.
- Camouflaged cameras blend in to their environment to capture unprecedented footage of wild pandas, and a new insight into the lives of brown bears and polar bears.
- But a visitor familiar with European wildlife might be puzzled by the similarity of these large mammals to their European counterparts - the brown bear, bison, red deer and European moose and wolf, respectively.
- Polar bears probably diverged from brown bear ancestors near the Arctic coast of Eurasia early in the Ice Age.
- Major predators of the otter include sharks, killer whales, coyotes, brown bears and even eagles.
- The bear family consists of eight species, four of which are contained in the Ursus group: the brown bear, American black bear, Asiatic black bear and polar bear.
- The zoo is home to about 50 animals - brown bears, lions, cheetahs, a lone wolf, a badger - that survived the siege of Baghdad.
- In Mongolia railroad lines prevent gazelle migration, while North American highways act as a barrier for brown bears, and hydroelectric dams in Canada stymie woodland caribou.
- Currently Alaska permits the baiting of black bears but not of brown bears.
- Go to Afognak Island, where the Kodiak brown bear, elk, deer, sea lions, seals, sea otters, porpoises, bald eagles and puffins await, as does fresh- and saltwater fishing.
- The researchers discovered shards of bone from mammoths, musk ox, brown bear, wolverine, rhinoceros, hares, bison, horses, reindeer, and cave lion.
- Although it evolved from land-dwelling brown bears only 300,000 years ago, the white bear is superbly adapted to life on the frozen sea.
- Bradford archaeologists are also studying other remains from the site at Lynford, including bones from woolly rhino, brown bears, horses, foxes and hyenas.
- Dancing and tumbling bears - brown bears - will have gone through a lengthy training: but polar bears are notoriously difficult to train, even when small.
- In contrast, brown bears, reported in ranges as small as a half-kilometer square, pace only half as much as polar bears do.