Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1col de Bruselas femininerepollito de Bruselas masculine South America
- Vegetables to stock up on include broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, spinach, kale and cauliflower.
- Vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and turnips may reduce the risk of cancerous tumors.
- Other examples of the class are kale, rutabaga, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kohlrabi, and collard.
- To serve, spoon some pearl onions and Brussels sprouts leaves in the center of a plate, set two pieces of yellowtail on top, and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Next, fill your plate with cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and kale.
- Examples of cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, and turnip greens.
- The vegetables include creamed cauliflower, mashed potato, roast potato, carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.
- All our dishes came with tureens of roast potatoes, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and green beans tossed with bacon bits.
- Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, can help prevent cancer and ward off heart disease.
- To include indirect antioxidants in your diet, eat daily servings of broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and citrus fruits and drink green tea.
- Eat plenty of broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and watercress (preferably organic).
- Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable (other members of this family include broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage).
- Studies show cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts have anticancer properties, especially when minimally cooked.
- Food sources of folic acid include dried beans and peas, liver, avocado, asparagus, spinach, Brussels sprouts, oranges, romaine lettuce, and wheat germ.
- In the meantime it may help to avoid gas-producing foods, including beans, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, radishes and onions.
- Warren recommends eating plenty of cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, turnips and kale, which are high in antioxidants.
- You can also use vegetables like carrots, butternut squash, turnips, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, asparagus, spring onions, and peeled garlic cloves.
- Brassica vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower are rich in indole - 3-carbinol, which may reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Zinc is also abundant in spinach, parsley, collard greens, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, string beans and prunes.
- I was tempted by the hot savoury pancakes, the zucchini cheese pastry, the foie gras with poppy folio and the stuffed Brussel sprouts, but am a sucker for asparagus and could not resist it in hollandaise sauce.