The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of bucanero
- These pirates or buccaneers were part of the French fleet as Curacao would have been a rich prize for these pirates who were always on the lookout for rich pickings.
- The most famous buccaneers have been shrouded in legend and folklore for so long that it's almost impossible to distinguish between myth and reality.
- At one time, it used to be said that boys liked books about adventures in strange lands, with plenty of fights, a few buccaneers, hoodlums and cowboys thrown in.
- In the mid-1600s, the French used the buccaneers as mercenaries in an unofficial war against the Spanish.
- In the 17th and 18th centuries, the islands were feared as the haunt of pirates and buccaneers from Cornwall, France and Spain, who would lie in wait for poorly defended ships.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!