Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(de cuatro ruedas) calesa feminine
- Ben had swung into his saddle and pulled the buckskin around to follow his sons and the buckboard out of the yard when he heard it: a half strangled yelp followed swiftly by what was obviously drawers opening and then slamming shut.
- And Herman Goslin made his scant living by meeting the steamboats and transporting the disembarking passengers, if any, up to the hotel in a gimpy buckboard.
- She and Mother drove back in the buckboard and somehow got the old stove loaded.
- The current Explorer offers substantial refinement over the previous version, which rides like a buckboard wagon by comparison.
- Get Morgan up and we will hitch the buckboard and I will ride beside you.
- She might get tired of the buckboard ride, the swaying around in the wind and the dearth of heat in the winter.
- And it was in this reliable old phaeton that I took her back to my home, strapping her and her sizeable dowry to the buckboard.
- The buckboard came to a stop next to Wish's chuck wagon.
- ‘There's three more of these in the buckboard,’ he told Heath as he deposited his burden beside the piano.
- Garrett had already gone home and he'd sent Hans on to the house with the buckboard.
- Ben already had the buckboard ready, and loaded.
- They transferred to horse-drawn buggies and, later, to open truck ‘buckboards.’
- In order that he and his friends could continue to enjoy travel by horse-drawn carriage and buckboard, Rockefeller designed and financed what ultimately became a 57-mile-long system of gravel roads.
- Shorty's head came up when he heard the sound of a buckboard pulling up in front of the bank.
- So trying to stay out of one another's way, the three had loaded the buckboard with supplies and tools.
- As the buckboard bounced on its way to the Ponderosa, Hoss and Joe rode close to the buckboard so all four of the Cartwrights could talk.
- By the time they reached the mercantile store, practically everyone on the street had stopped and were simply staring at the Cartwright brothers as they pulled the buckboard and the horse to a halt.
- While passing Hop Sing on the road that morning, they'd waved to him as he headed the buckboard into town for their supplies.
- But when they moved him into the buckboard using a hard board stretcher, he shuddered violently and passed out.
- Joe was reluctant to rely on the drug, refusing it even when Ben and Hoss moved him to a buckboard for transportation back to the Ponderosa.