Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1.1(place)bull pen masculine(en un diamante de béisbol) zona de calentamiento feminine
- If all goes well, the bulls end up in the bull pen.
- The bullpen had a per head medicine cost of $12.89 again, high for this ranch.
- She stationed herself by the gate leading into the bull pen, and closed and it during the afternoon many times.
1.2(pitchers)pítchers de reserva masculinelanzadores de reserva masculinerelevistas masculine Mexico
- Suffice it to say that there are a lot of frustrated fans pulling their hair out over these two teams' respective bullpens.
- He might be a nice fit in the bullpen given the team's need for left-handed relief help.
- The Raiders' stable of running backs is much like a baseball team's bullpen.
- Teams that align their bullpens rapidly are at an advantage, and the Braves have the look of such a club.
- So here's a ranking of the top five bullpens of those teams that still have a chance at the postseason.
- The team addressed its bullpen last season, with mixed results.
- Because the team has a stronger bullpen this year, Grimsley, 36, will be used less so he can stay fresh.
- Herges is the bullpen's workhorse, providing quality innings in middle and long relief.
- One of the most pressing concerns the club must address now and this winter is the bullpen.
- The bullpen has shown resilience, with help from a deep farm system.
- But the Angels, Giants, Orioles, Phillies and Rangers - all of whom rated their bullpens highly - have struggled to protect leads.
- This is a series that was expected to come down to the respective bullpens.
- The Yankees turned to Braves discard C.J. Nitkowski in their latest attempt to find left-handed help for the bullpen.
- The bullpen was solid, but several starters began to wear down.
- There are some concerns about the right-handers in the bullpen.
- They'll also have to rebuild a bullpen that many in baseball view as the reason for the team's downfall this year.
- Twenty-five years ago, bullpens were made up of pitchers who weren't good enough to start.
- That's a testament to the starting pitchers and to the bullpen's ability to hold leads.
- The bullpen is the area that needs the most improvement and is getting the most focus this spring.
- But it was the Yankee bullpen which really let things get out of hand.
2US informal(prison cell)calabozo masculine
- There was a detective posing as a prisoner in the bullpen watching and listening to everything they said and did.
- On the 2nd of January I was called up at 8:00 a.m. I got processed and placed in the bullpen with 10 other prisoners.
- The prisoners are directed to a bench in a bullpen down the hall, where they stand as they're told.