Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1burgués masculineburguesa feminine
- Besides the majority Sinhala Buddhists, the nation also includes Sri Lankan Tamils, Tamils of recent Indian origin, Muslims, and Burghers, descendants of intermarriages between Sri Lankans and Europeans.
- The Sinhalese and Tamils are in the majority, and there are also Muslims, aboriginal Veddahs, Malaysians and Burghers (people of mixed European and Sri Lankan heritage).
- They are also the only places where Sinhalese, Tamils and Burghers meet, for after 1983 the three groups, like many other warring groups from other parts of the world, go their separate ways.
- As a result of that, the Burghers left for Australia and the Tamils stayed behind to fight.
- These are Sinhalese but also Tamils, Burghers and Muslims.
- Then follows a comparison of the performance of the main categories of skippers: Burghers, Chinese, Malays and the most important group of Sulawesians.
- The applicants are Sri Lankan nationals of the Burgher ethnic minority group.
- His mother was a Burgher and his father was of Tamil heritage.
- If I had married a Burgher I'd have emigrated to Australia.
- The SEP is the only party offering a program of struggle to unite working people - Sinhala, Tamil, Muslim and Burgher, young and old, men and women - to fight for their social needs and democratic aspirations.
- Then we would have reached agreement between all democratic political parties and groups representing all our peoples - the Sinhala, Tamil, Muslim, Malay, and Burgher citizens of Sri Lanka.
- I went to school with Tamils, Sinhalese and members of the Burgher community.