Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(heavy material)arpillera feminine
- Her large installation consisted of 16 columns made of various fabrics, including canvas, jute and burlap, the edges of which were charred and the expanses of which were often painted.
- They were made from second-hand jute burlap and scraps of fabric pulled from ragbags and storage bins.
- Set stakes before filling the planting hole, then tie the tree to the stakes with canvas or burlap strips.
- We'd bring our apples in burlap sacks, whatever we had, Macs, Baldwins, Spies, some Russets if we were lucky, some wild apples for pungency from the woods and hedgerows.
- Laden with burlap bags and potato sacks, they boarded trains for whichever destination they could get a ticket as the death toll jumped by 25 per cent in the Chinese capital.
- Somewhere in the distance, barely audible, a tractor trailer loaded with burlap sacks of grass seed pressed its way onto the smooth ribbon of interstate, heading north.
- Galápagos sharks, hammerheads, blues, duskies - all of their distinctive fins are jammed into black burlap sacks that pile to the ceiling.
- At the base of the camp, a recent avalanche had disgorged burlap sacks, old door frames, mortar boxes, rolls of bailing wire, and pieces of fiberglass.
- Out-of-state buyers drive here to get their chili fix, selecting fat burlap sacks of peppers to go into the roaster.
- They beat her with burlap sacks stuffed with beans if she doesn't say the words.
- Two of the works were on burlap, the third on jute.
- There were times when I felt it might make more sense to stand in the dark with a burlap sack, yelling, ‘Here, snipe, snipe, snipe!’
- Line the inside with newspapers, tarpaper, burlap, cloth, an old sheet, the kids school papers - anything you might have on hand to keep the contents from falling out.
- He previously appeared with a burlap sack over his head as Scarecrow in Batman Begins, and I'm awaiting his inevitable collaboration with David Lynch.
- Virginia dumped the burlap sacks in an alleyway.
- Then she removed her lute, which had been placed within and covered by a burlap sack, and began hooking a strap to it so she could wear it without fear it would drop from her grasp.
- Nick walked past with a heavy burlap sack over his shoulder.
- Use a rough cloth like burlap to rub briskly across the grain.
- If applied and rubbed with a cloth, usually burlap, while still soft, the pores fill and the varnish goes on smoothly.
- If you decide to keep them in the ground outside, sink four stakes in a square shape around each stem, then wrap burlap or another thick material around the stakes.
2(lighter material)loneta feminine
- Plenty of people were missing eyes, and he was clad in an uncomfortable woolen shirt and burlap pants that were dyed a moss green.
- He was not terrifying in the least in his appearance; his shirt was made of burlap and his boots were muddy and his trousers were patched.
- Grab an orange shirt, green pants, hiking shoes, burlap fabric, and two pairs of green tights.
- These draperies, of cream linen burlap, hang in her own West Vancouver home.
- Popular materials include linen, lace, and burlap, but almost any natural fiber material will do as long as it is clean and lint-free.
- Each wore an identical grey ankle-length dress made of a rough fabric that reminded him of burlap and white blouses that had turned grey from frequent washing.
- Much of our clothing comes from them as well - cotton and linen are made from ‘fibers’ of flowering plants, as are rope and burlap, and many commercial dyes are extracted from other flowering plants.
- You can dye burlap any color you need and then rip it into strips about 2 inches wide and sew them on to clothing (or make clothing from more burlap to wear over your regular duds.)
- Celine has hand-sewn lace onto leather, while American brand BCBG Max Azria adapts the current mania for ponyhair by doing patches of it on burlap, instead of all-over ponyhair pieces.
- Lisa's models wear: crop-jacket pant suit; skirt suit in burlap with her signature raffia handwork, her homage to Bahamian straw basket makers.
- Upholstered burlap panels have been strategically used as a soft counterpoint.
- Look for a natural fabric with a loose, open weave such as burlap or some types of cotton and linen.
- Fabric wallpaper are usually made of cotton, linen, or other natural plant fibers, such as grass cloth, hemp, or burlap.
- Others, like burlap or grass cloth, are very hard to clean when stained.
- If the chair needs extra support, strengthen the seat by weaving 1 1/2-inch-wide burlap webbing in both directions in the open area of the seat.