Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Juxtaposed with the burnt offerings and other sacrifices to God is a moral code of conduct - a code which God expects us to carry out in return for a life of freedom and glory.
- This man says, you foolish people, are you going back to your burnt offerings and sacrifices?
- Once he arrives there, he must offer Isaac as a burnt offering upon the mountain.
- From all the possibilities placed before him, the one that faithful Abraham hears is that he has to sacrifice Isaac as a burnt offering.
- For the Tabernacle of The Lord, which Moses made in the wilderness, and the altar of the burnt offering, were at that season in the high place at Gibeon.
- Since the flour was placed atop the burnt offerings, it was the burnt offerings that still constituted the basis of the sacrificial service (s).
- Three sacrifices were offered - the sin offering, the burnt offering, and the ordination offering.
- The burnt offering was the most comprehensive of the sacrifices and was offered to cover over sins and as a symbol of the total consecration of the presenter to God.
- The traditional understanding of this text teaches that God told Abraham to bind his son Isaac and sacrifice him to God as a burnt offering.
- These were a ram for a burnt offering, and two young goats for a sin-offering.