Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- In those days, a grand house would employ at least 16 domestic servants, and perhaps an army of 30-cooks, parlour maids, footmen, hall boys, gardeners, butlers, coachmen.
- I miss the people in the White House: the butlers, the house men, and the curator, and you know, the usher that runs the place.
- After that I fantasized for hours about living in such a house and having several maids and butlers instead of our one.
- It's such a large house and the butlers are all cranky old men who are hardly the right kind of companionship for a young woman.
- He even had a few maids and butlers who attended us.
- These butlers, footmen, valets, drivers, personal assistants, and bodyguards knew where the bodies lay.
- White House butlers and such probably do the same.
- I am going to live in a rich palace and have butlers; servants and maids help me doing every task.
- Every room had maids and servants and butlers all cleaning and decorating his home.
- Beth guessed from the man's tone of voice that he was the house butler.
- Grown-ups who worked as grooms, butlers, maids or gardeners in the surrounding plantation houses occasionally brought these home with left-over foods wrapped in them.
- We moved into a bigger house and hired a few maids and butlers.
- Not because you had a huge house with tons of maids and butlers.
- Personal staff costs - for two butlers, a valet, four chefs, two chauffeurs, eight housekeepers, eight gardeners and a secretariat - are probably another £1m.
- Inside were sparkling chandeliers in every room, carpeted staircases, butlers and servants at your feet and really wonderful food and expensive wine.
- You know, probably the most powerful people within a household are valets, dressers and butlers.
- In the past five years demand for housekeepers and butlers has risen ten-fold in the UK.
- There was a couple from Chicago who went around the world attended by a butler.
- The butler is a servant who seems to have turned the tables and become master.
- They walked down to the basement level, and found a wing for all of the cooks, servants, maids, and butlers.