Learn English Grammar From A–Z
elección para cubrir un escaño vacante en el parlamento(in UK)
- Remember, we fought a general election and two by-elections, and ended up reducing our overdraft.
- It has superintended two general elections, two municipal elections and numerous by-elections.
- You see it in by-elections and council elections.
- Party divisions led to huge losses in by-elections and local government elections until the party at the grass roots seemed close to extinction.
- The voters, their expectations aroused and then frustrated, took revenge at by-elections and local elections.
- The party's electoral fortunes also revived in the state elections and by-elections.
- For many years successive elections and by-elections results have shown that almost the same number of people cast their votes.
- People stayed away from the polls in their thousands during by-elections in two opposition-held constituencies in Zimbabwe.
- The vacancies mean by-elections could take place if ten electors in the town contact the council in writing by October 25 saying that they want one.
- It is not known yet whether there will be a by-election or if the vacancy will stand until the town council elections in May.
- More than that, for the first time in my recollection the party in power hasn't lost a single by-election.
- We will need to contest by-elections and begin to prepare for the general election.
- The election in that constituency has been abandoned and a by-election will be held in a month's time.
- If he won, the executive would have the option of holding a by-election to fill the seat.
- Some analysts spoke about a second national election, others described the recent ballots as by-elections.
- In the past the Liberals had made breakthroughs at by-elections and in gaining a large number of votes in general elections.
- Traditionally, voters have used by-elections to express anti-government sentiment.
- The race does not appear to be anywhere near close, which explains the voter apathy about these by-elections.
- However, the by-elections involved real votes and real people, and the results are no less dismal for them.
- This strikes me as an odd stance from a candidate hoping to win a by-election.