The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de ¡adiós!
1she got a bye into the second round — pasó automáticamente a la segunda vuelta
- All 16 seeded players received byes into the second round.
- Where's the justice in eliminating more non-league teams in the qualifying rounds than is necessary, only for league clubs to be given byes in the first round proper of the competition?
- Again, there would be a two-day playoff, but without byes.
- But nothing says that only one team must skip the first round - you could also give 3 byes in the first round, which will leave you with 13 teams in the second round, or 5 byes or any other odd number.
- If the Scots do not win the regular season championship, finishing second is critical, as the top two seeds receive first round byes and semi-final home games.
- And as usual, the main ‘race’ threw up a few appetisers, although the holders were one of the four first round byes.
- All four teams have fresh legs, thanks to first-round byes followed by the pleasure of playing divisional playoff games at home.
- The addition of two wild cards in each league would give the top two finishers first-round byes but make the tournament unwieldy.
- As usual, the four teams who had byes played in the conference title games last year.
- If a knock-out solution takes effect, nine teams would get byes through to the second round, where they would meet the winners of seven drawn ties to create a last 16.
- Taking the money into account - as well as the prospect of eliminating byes altogether - a proposal to eventually put 16 teams into the playoffs is probably on the horizon.
- If the league is going to add one team per conference, it might as well add two teams per conference and eliminate first-round byes altogether.
- If the league had 16 playoff teams, byes would be eliminated, and that is very appealing to a cross-section of owners who believe byes give teams unfair advantages.
- In my mind, the road team with the best chance to win is Green Bay, but historically, the week of rest has been a major advantage for teams with byes.
- Some argue it would take away the huge advantage the top four seeds have from byes and home-field advantage.
- Nevertheless, each rebounded to win their division and secure first-round byes.
- In the absence of leading seeds with first-round byes, lesser contenders took center stage on opening day.
- The top six teams in the field were given byes into the quarter-finals while the bottom four teams must play seeding matches to move on.
- The increase to 16 means the end of first-round byes.
- With that, college hockey was finally rid of its 12-team format, which awarded byes to the top four teams and a tremendous advantage.
1¡adiós!¡chao! América Latina coloquial¡chau! América Latina coloquial
- I have decided that I have run out of adjectives or maybe never had any in the first place so bye for now.
- Well, my mom's calling me because we're going to the hospital to visit my grandma, so bye for now, and pray I don't upset her.
- But anyway, you've probably got better things to do than listen to me rant, so bye for now.
- That's all the screen time I'm allowed, okay, bye!
- When I send email, I always wish it on its way with the little phrase, ‘Wheee, bye!’
- Yeah… it's kind of late, I'm just going to go to bed now, please don't tell my parents, bye!
- Jerry just kinda stood there, and said, ‘Yeah… well, glad to see everything's good, bye!’
- She flew up the stairs and stopped at the door, ‘Nice to meet - thanks for - have a nice evening, bye!’
- She smacked my shoulder and I smiled, turned, grabbed my bag and said, ‘Well I gotta be off, bye!’
- I've just finished recording it in America and can't wait for you to hear it - it won't be long now… bye!
- Dad, you have to be safe, but come back home and have a good time and I'll be taking care of mom and the and I just want to say bye.
- You just say excuse me, president business, gotta run, bye.
- But, well, I've just finished my exams, so I wanted to say hi, and, well bye.
- After he said bye, the news lady and I just absolutely lost it.
- He came to spend the weekend with us and we had a nice time; lots of drinks and dinosaurs (of the model variety) and a chance to say bye.
- The people I did get on with have all phoned to say bye, including my one senior ally who thought I should never have been made to do those dreaded phone calls.
- We would leave each other and say, see you later or catch up with you later, but it was never bye.
- Your dad left an hour ago but he told me to tell you bye.
- ‘Yeah, bye, Dan,’ he said as he followed Jenny out the door.
- ‘Alright, bye,’ Nathaniel's grandson said, then leaving the room.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!