Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- In a party with its cliques and cabals, his distinguishing characteristic is that he has always had an independent streak, looking out for himself and refusing to rely on others.
- Indeed, cliques and cabals spring up and create their own behavioral benchmarks, codes of conduct simultaneously acting inclusive and exclusive.
- We do need to move forward, but as individual states with a common goal, not a superstate dominated by cliques, cabals and vested interests.
- But there is always a sense of foreboding on such occasions because of the secretive, mafia-like management by a cabal of political operators.
- As bloggers become to become mainstream and not just fringe lunatics muttering in tiny cabals, power will concentrate according to network power laws.
- But wait, Ross reveals another shocking secret of the capitalist cabal.
- In fact, if drug reformers gain enough political power to threaten the drug-war cabal, an alliance between the two to repress youths is inevitable.
- There is no possibility of a centralized cabal that could appoint people of only one political coloration.
- Instead, the film suggests that the sole point of the war has been the manipulation of an emotional public in the pursuit of the nefarious ulterior motives of secret cabals.
- It's not like this is obscure information known only to specialists, available only at secret annual cabals.
- They're not a secret cabal that runs things from the shadows or anything, but they are important opinion leaders who happen to be very influential.
- They all contend that the world is being secretly ruled by a shadowy cabal from inside a secret room.
- It means the secret cabal of conservative scholars see you as a threat to their comfortable ivory towers which they have built with taxpayers' money, and thus are trying to censor you.
- It is a coerced transfer of income from consumers and foreign businesses to a small, politically active cabal of domestic businesses.
- I'm hoping for the latter, not banking on it though because he and his cabal will do anything to maintain control up to and including criminal activity.
- Like all good cabals, it is hard to know exactly who belongs to the Establishment and how Machiavellian their meddling is.
- Can you vote for all the nefarious cabals that really run the world?
- You have not had the same sense of people putting themselves forward or creating cabals or platforms for leadership.
- These events warrant dark nights, cruel rains and cabals gathered in corners.
- Hardly a day goes past without the same cabals using the same phrases to labour the same points.
- In the popular political imagination we're familiar with the neocons as conniving militarists, masters of intrigue and cabals, graspers for the oil supplies of the world, and all the rest.
- If there is in existence a genuine cabal of intrigue and perfidy, the logical targets of such accusations were surely the members of the regime.