Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(taxi driver)taxista masculine
(carriage driver)cochero masculine
- He wrote sketches of the fashionable crowds on ‘the Block’ and the sharebrokers under ‘the Verandah’ as well as the cabmen in Bourke Street and the larrikins outside Wright's Gin Palace.
- The shelter now in Yarra Park is the earliest example of a portable, timber cabman's shelter.
- The cabmen's shelter, which is historically important, has been damaged twice.
- Some few minutes later the little group of cabmen and loafers that collects round the cabmen's shelter at Haverstock Hill were startled by the passing of a cab with a ginger-coloured screw of a horse, driven furiously.
- ‘They were handed out in pleasure boats and omnibuses, left open on the tops of hedges, proffered on sticks to galloping horsemen, sent to criminals awaiting the rope, given to cabmen with their fare’.