Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural cacti, plural cactuses
- We are rich with saguaros, prickly pear, and cholla cacti, and paloverde, and mesquite trees.
- Prickly pear cacti and large agave succulents, introduced from Mexico, grow everywhere in the north of the island.
- Scaling and barking injuries occur on stem surfaces of saguaro cacti.
- It looked somehow like the surface of a cactus, the peyote cactus.
- Good weather is also an essential pre-requisite for the growth of cacti and succulent plants.
- The man-made structures are concealed by imaginative landscaping that includes coconut palms, hibiscus, cactuses, hammocks, bougainvillea, gardens and lawns opening to beach and sea.
- They resembled a cross between a cactus and an aloe vera plant; thick and fleshy, with hairs extruding from their tendrils.
- It has been isolated from soils in desert areas, grassland or cultivated soils, cacti, onion, and garlic bulbs.
- Remember, for starters, that all cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are cacti.
- It has several gnarled trees, cactuses, oleanders, a crazy arrangement of pot plants, various graveside paraphernalia such as urns and framed photographs, and a rickety set of narrow pathways.
- It searches among the yucca cactuses and Joshua trees for a lonely radar station atop a mountain peak.
- Second, the cactus and acacia trees may have dissimilar distributions of branch length.
- Tall palm trees and thick forests of cactuses give travellers the impression that they are staying in a tropical region.
- Aloe vera resembles a cactus, but is actually a perennial succulent which belongs to the lily family.
- However, thorns on cactuses are a different thing.
- Orchid, African violet and cactus are just a few of the special mixes available.
- The northeast is much more barren - there are more cactuses than palm trees in this semidesert.
- The boyfriend bought a big cactus yesterday to add in with the banana plants etc.
- Like the cactuses it resembles, an aloe plant requires little care and grows quickly.
- He finally got his cactus home, planted it in his backyard, and over time it grew to about two metres.