The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of jaula
1.1(for birds, animals)jaula feminine
- What about keeping animals and birds in cages - that has to be cruel.
- The primary source of water used for cleaning the animal cages and enclosures, the lake is also the place where the zoo eventually plans to release a large number of water birds.
- Carry-bags and bottles, which are discarded on the premises after use, find their way to the vicinity of animal cages and enclosures.
- And any animal that lives in a cage, from birds to gerbils, will produce droppings that can attract mold and dust.
- Do the same around the cages of small animals or birds.
- One of them had been partitioned with a sheet of corrugated plastic separating two caged birds into even smaller cages.
- Quite impressed with their reverence, she walked over to the cage and placed her birds in the cage with them.
- Living space does not include a structure, such as a doghouse, in which an animal is not confined, or a cage, crate, or other structure in which the animal is temporarily confined.
- The movements were smooth and natural, not at all like the juddering actions of a machine and Alan watched in awe as the tortoise craned left and right to take in his surroundings, including the cages of animals.
- Small sprinklers have been installed at select areas in the zoo and water is being sprinkled periodically throughout the day on cages to keep the animals cool.
- Animals remain locked in cages from closing time at 5 p.m. until 8 the next morning.
- In it the Committee observed that the housing and upkeep of lab animals was not satisfactory, nor were the animal cages and rooms in which they were kept.
- It literally dumped cages of birds onto a pair of conveyor belts, which were activated when you activated the hanging belt.
- Even if you don't own a bird, these splendid cages make for unusual and decorative souvenirs with a distinctively Chinese look.
- Birds chirped in cages hanging by the front doors of houses.
- It comes as no surprise that the lives of animals held in cages is miserable, best efforts to prove otherwise notwithstanding.
- They said many animals were in inadequate cages, including kittens in an empty food container with nothing to play with, and said the place stank.
- But I felt sad for the animals because their cages are so small.
- Due to the severe heat, most animals remain within their cages and predictably, the visitors are disappointed.
- In the old cages, animals injured themselves while on the move, wildlife authorities acknowledge.
1.2(protective framework)armazón rígido masculinearmazón rígida feminine
- When I arrived at the southern rim, the rescuers were all standing silent watching one of these cages being lifted out of the ruins.
- The wind flowed from the respective blower is bypassed the illuminators, thereby entering into the inside of the elevator cage.
- At around 17:20, the victim undertook the last work for the day by loading a carrying cart into the cage of the elevator, pushing the button for the second floor and the elevator ascended to the second floor.
- The elevator uses no cables and is propelled by a system comprising of stators along the shaft and translators on the elevator cage.
1.3(of elevator)jaula feminine
2.1(in basketball)canasta femininecesta feminine
2.2(in ice hockey)portería femininemeta femininearco masculine Colombia, Southern Cone
1enjaularI feel caged in — me siento como enjaulado
- Our first thoughts were that it was an escaped caged bird.
- The dogs, cats and birds were mostly caged, often in pairs and sometimes in threes.
- Fresh fruit cascades down stone-flagged stairs, caged birds sing in colourful indoor gardens but the price of drinks will keep you sober!
- Instead of being caged, animals and birds have to be allowed the pleasure and security of their natural surroundings, he said.
- The evacuation began with moving out the yaks, continued with tranquilizing the eight large cats and finished with caging the birds.
- Older birds must be caged at all times to avoid them attacking each other, or pigs, dogs and humans.
- If he passed markets where caged birds were sold, he would buy them purely to let the birds fly free.
- Make sure that the bird is caged and the cage is covered by a thin cloth or sheet to provide security and filtered light.
- She has the air of a bird which doesn't want to be caged or tamed.
- There are no performing dogs, caged lions or clowns.
- A dog snarled at us viciously but he was caged and couldn't get at us.
- These hens may not be caged over a manure pit, but they are walking around in it.
- Two other caged lions and a horse were also in the entrance to the disco, she said.
- If a dog kills something it is destroyed immediately; it is not caged for the rest of its life.
- In future, should I leave the house I will cage the dogs no matter who else is in the house with them.
- Residents were worried it would spoil their view and cage them in.
- The caged bird only sings at night because it was caught and caged when singing during the day.
- As soon as they get on the bus they act like caged animals trying to get out.
- The trick is to cage these animal natures in effective institutions: education, the law, government.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!