Learn English Grammar From A–Z
transitive verb calcifies, calcifying, calcified
- A laser beam that has a very shallow penetration depth and will perforate calcified plaque is the excimer laser.
- The well-defined zone of tendon, fibrocartilage, calcified cartilage, and bone had not been re-established.
- The scales may remain unmineralized, and consist primarily of carbohydrates, or they may be calcified; silica plates are rare.
- By any measure, decapods are underrepresented in the fossil record by comparison with organisms with more heavily calcified exoskeletons.
- Not all bryozoans are calcified; the degree of calcification and mineralogy also varies.
- Some genera have thick-walled calcified necting rings; others have thin and delicate ones.
- As autozooids grew in length, the outermost diaphragms were calcified in sequence as their membranes formed.
- A simple cyst of the liver does not have calcified areas.
- A chest CT exam from the 3rd day of life showed the mass to be calcified and compromising the airway.
- The project involved the application of farmyard manure and calcified seaweed to the land in order to increase its productive value, and enable the raising of 40 suckler cows on the land.
- Her chest x-ray showed 2 nodules, one in the lower left lung that was calcified, and a second one in the left upper lung that was noncalcified.
- Pleural plaques seen in chest x-rays are mostly calcified.
- Unless the gall bladder is calcified or the patient has other risk factors, asymptomatic gallstones may be managed expectantly.
- Neither Olenellina nor Agnostina had calcified protaspides, a condition which is sometimes regarded as primitive.
- These calcified reds can be difficult to distinguish from corals without the assistance of a microscope or a trained eye, as you can see from the picture below at left.
- A characteristic of muscles subjected to high force regimes is the presence of sesamoids or calcified central tendons.
- The nannoplankton crisis was twofold: a decrease in size and low calcified specimens are observed in addition to a drastic decrease in absolute abundance.
- In diabetic patients with heavily calcified vessels, the arteries are frequently noncompressible.
- A chest radiograph showed calcified lymph nodes at the right tracheobronchial angle and a left mid lung granuloma.
- The endocuticle is ‘the thickest and most heavily calcified layer of the cuticle’.
intransitive verb calcifies, calcifying, calcified