Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- It is difficult to judge a man as calculating when he seems so natural.
- It was decidedly hard to do with Mr Cunningham's cold, judging, calculating eyes were staring at us.
- Whatever the reason, his public persona seems guarded and calculating and his repeated protestations of humility usually fall flat.
- They're cunning, they're devious, they're calculating.
- When viewers meet her, Claire is a determined, rather calculating career woman, an ambitious lawyer working for the Prosecution Service.
- Clearly the robots take the long-term view on this one, as they would, what with being utilitarian calculating machines designed for the preservation of life.
- Mr Latham said it suggested ‘a devious and calculating mind well able to think about what he needed to do to distract attention away from himself’.
- Strydom was at his shrewd and most calculating best.
- Both of these ladies bided their time and proved to be quite calculating and ruthless.
- This is not the undertaking of a benevolent nation helping another in the spirit of friendship and trust, but a cold calculating act designed to crush the human spirit and bring about the death of hope.
- The movie presents her not just as ambitious talent; we also see the shrewdly calculating side that propelled her into the spotlight.
- Likewise, the promotion of the controversy by national manufacturers' associations has been calculating and disingenuous.
- There's something very calculating and manipulative about how he does things.
- So our military has to be very shrewd, very calculating and I think that they are laying out those plans.
- I was quite struck by the image used for that tour, because it does not seem an accident, it seems very well designed in a calculating fashion.
- Mrs Cunningham gave me a calculating look over my sketchpad that was filled with spite and dislike.
- At one extreme, imagine genetically engineered minds devoid of conscience or empathy and at the same time highly calculating and ruthless in the pursuit of their own desires.
- Underneath the mane of blonde hair was a ruthless calculating brain.
- He paused for a moment, with a spreading calculating smile designed to draw the others in.
- Indeed, I am concerned that without such a change the whole bill looks more cynical and calculating than the Minister probably intends.