Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(skirt) que llega a media pierna(boots) de media caña
- Trial judge Mr Justice Moses, who had swapped his red robe and wig for a grey, woollen, calf-length coat and pinstripe suit, followed on.
- Dresses are adorned with beautiful embroidery, as are calf-length skirts, cuffs and collars.
- So they opted for a tailored calf-length coat - chocolate brown - with a blue pinstripe suit and white plimsolls.
- Giovanni has an athletic build, wears heavy boots and a blue and white shirt tucked into turned-up denim jeans; Onelia wears a faded apron round her calf-length skirt.
- If I wore my calf-length boots and a skirt, no one would ever know that I'd lost a leg.
- She looked substantial enough, calf-length boots, a tweed skirt and jacket.
- In the cooler highlands, they wear a calf-length shirt called a zanna with a jacket.
- The calf-length boot, worn under trousers strapped beneath the instep and called ‘overalls’ eventually became called the Wellington boot, after its most famous adherent.
- I want my bridesmaids to be in a corresponding shape - a full, netted, calf-length skirt with fitted top, preferably in red.
- There were little calf-length boots, not for wearing in wet weather.
- Dawn, obviously uncomfortable, ran ahead of us wearing naught but the calf-length coat.
- Cassara was more than a little glad to be out of her dress and into some more comfortable clothes: a pair of billowing trousers, a cotton sweater and a pair of her favorite calf-length boots.
- If we lived in a city you would be wearing calf-length skirts and practicing piano and sewing all day, not chasing cattle across the fields wearing trousers and sitting astride a horse.
- I pulled it out and tossed it on my bed, along with a pink, calf-length skirt.
- In the 1920s the calf-length tweed skirt with a crêpe de chine blouse epitomised the British look.
- Assuming that the body suit was the outfit that Alex was referring to, Andrea pulled this and the matching calf-length boots.
- Nicholas Blanchet's collection saw calf-length flared skirts, some with two tones and silk over the top.
- For traditional ceremonies, such as weddings, the sherwani and churidar, a calf-length tunic and tight-fitting trousers, are often seen, accompanied by a turban.
- On this afternoon he was wearing a check shirt and rather tight jeans, his feet were in calf-length leather boots and he had a reasonable facsimile of Wyatt Earp's 10-gallon hat on his head.
- Lily, too, was dressed as oddly as ever, wearing one of her calf-length hippie skirts and her usual combat boots.