Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- It functions as what physicists call a calorimeter, measuring the total energy of the deposited gamma rays.
- They used the ice calorimeter to measure the heat given off by a guinea pig as it breathed oxygen, relating this heat to that of a chemical reaction occurring inside the animal.
- The cells were stabilized for 4 hours at 25 degrees celsius inside the calorimeter before heating up to the final temperature at a heating rate of 0.5 degrees celsius per minute.
- The reaction takes place in an apparatus called a calorimeter, which is specially designed to completely insulate the reaction system so no heat is gained from or lost to the surrounding environment.
- This calorimeter, which contains 400 kilograms of liquid krypton, detected the photon pairs.