Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural calyces, plural calyxes
- Similar to the color traits, plant prickles were also evaluated for individual organs including stem, leaf, and flower and fruit calyxes.
- Unlike with other bulb flowers, the calyxes of amaryllises do not open quickly, so consider this when using them in flower arrangements for certain occasions.
- The flower has a tubular calyx with four ovate lobes and a corolla with four overlapping petals.
- He gave special attention to the pubescence of the leaves and of the calyces.
- The real attraction, though, is the dramatic calyxes that remain after the small flower petals fall.