Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1he's camera-shy — se cohíbe frente a una cámara
- He has gained behind-the-scenes access to Howard, who has, previously, been notably camera-shy.
- I was also very fond of visiting the villages around Mysore, where the people were camera-shy.
- Sam's boyfriend also attended the event and the normally camera-shy couple looked very much in love.
- In other respects, he is famously reticent, adverse to showmanship and actually something of a camera-shy recluse.
- No one knows why Lewis, who has been photographed on numerous occasions from that particular spot, on the tennis court suddenly became camera-shy.
- Just as we got escorted off the grounds by the channel's guards, out strolled the usually camera-shy singer flashing his new smile.
- A large contingent of journalists eager to get their first look at Max the gorilla's younger—and leaner—successor, greedily snapped photos of the camera-shy gorilla.
- For an outgoing person, she was camera-shy and preferred to stay out of the media where possible.
- The miles of film footage, events, and press coverage of the Beatles, from early days to last, show four young men who were in no way camera-shy.
- Mrs Junior, while a bit camera-shy, has begun to show real promise as a political wife.
- Colin's not usually camera-shy but he ducked and dodged our snappers every time he stood outside for a smoke until we finally caught him leaving by the side entrance.
- From a 'camera-shy' young woman, she has soared like an eagle with fresh confidence and bounding enthusiasm.
- An insider describes him as "incredibly camera-shy and publicity-averse."
- Never known for being camera shy in the past, he was conspicuously absent from the world's television screens.
- Five years of fugitive living has made me a little camera-shy, so I'm wearing my best wig and dark glasses for the occasion.
- Why is he suddenly so camera-shy that CBS News must protect his identity and treat him as an anonymous source?
- You know, I'm really, incredibly camera shy, which is why you've only seen about two pictures of me in three years.
- Normally camera-shy, in this particular case there's enough distance between now and then for me to hope that I would be able to see myself sixteen years ago at the tender age of twenty, when my life was so different.
- I tried to get some shots of him but he was in one of his camera-shy moods.
- Pauline and David were great picture takers, invite them to a gathering and they were sure to bring their camera, much to the chagrin of the camera-shy.
- I know you're camera-shy, but it's the only photograph I have of this procedure—so you're drafted.