Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- This treatment is a solution of camphor, nitrogen, ammonium salts and ethanol.
- We suspect that the aromatic oils, camphor, menthol and eucalyptol, are responsible for the relief.
- Farjami, oppressed by the smell of camphor, which is used in the preparation of the body for burial, reminisces about the smell of jasmine, which brings to mind spring and fresh beginnings.
- If you lip balm contains phenol, camphor, menthol, peppermint oil or eucalyptus, it's most likely making your lips more chapped than not.
- Some ingredients added to the water, e.g. menthol, eucalyptus, camphor, thymol and pine oil also give a sensation of clearing the passageways.
- The first plastic, celluloid, was synthesized from nitrated cotton fiber and camphor in 1869, to make a cheaper substitute for ivory billiard balls.
- Alternatively, low percentages of chemicals such as phenol, menthol, and camphor can be added to moisturizing lotions for added anti-itch benefit.
- Look for one with good barrier ingredients like petrolatum, beeswax and/or silicone, but avoid tingly ones like menthol and camphor, which will only irritate dry lips.
- He tested strychnine, thebaine, coramin, caffeine, brucin, absinthe and, finally, camphor dissolved in oil seemed to best meet his needs.
- This cleansing cream contains camphor, menthol and eucalyptus and was originally developed, around the turn of the 20th century, as a sunburn remedy.
- Many include ingredients such as camphor, menthol, peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, clove oil or other essential oils that will penetrate and help relax muscles.
- They contain ingredients like camphor or menthol that increase blood flow to the area, creating a fuller look.
- These preparations may reduce coughing and usually contain menthol, camphor and eucalyptus oil.
- The menthol and camphor in some arthritis rubs seem to help stop itching from bites
- He first tried camphor, then pentylenetetrazol, which was more soluble and acted faster.
- The camphor in the gel will help soothe, while arnica, a natural astringent, will help reduce puffiness.
- Don't drink coffee or use camphor, eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary, thyme, or undiluted lavender while taking a remedy; these substances will interfere with its effectiveness.
- Purkinje was an extraordinary pharmacologist, and his experiments outlining the action of drugs such as digitalis, camphor, and belladonna were performed on himself.
- Visitors can experience the smells of old Taipei by sniffing exhibits of the lemon grass and camphor that used to be among the most popular trading products on the Tamshui River.
- Avoid products with camphor, which can dry the lips.