The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of candidato
1(for job, election, exam)candidato masculinecandidata femininethe Republican candidate for Governor — el candidato republicano a gobernador
- He was an unsuccessful candidate in the general election and he came knocking at my door for my vote.
- I suppose that it was also a good year for many independent candidates in the general election.
- It is a chance for general election candidates to make a practical difference.
- He said the trust interviews all prospective candidates who apply to live at the almshouses.
- The dual system, in which some candidates apply and others are nominated, was singled out as unacceptable.
- This is the first time ever in any election where the candidate I vote for will actually win.
- Bees United are now seeking nominations from members who wish to stand as candidates in this election.
- Chen took candidates for the legislative elections to the temple to pray for success.
- This is not the first time the freelance writer has run as a candidate in the legislative election.
- I am the only candidate in the recall election who is telling the truth to the working people.
- At the last election the Labour candidate took over 60 percent of the vote.
- He lost the election in the end to the candidate jointly nominated by the opposition parties.
- Training workshops will be held to brief potential local election candidates.
- Women have the exact same opportunities as men to become election candidates.
- This promises to be an enjoyable night with a number of local election candidates in attendance.
- Even candidates who win an election unopposed must have the minimum number of nominations.
- In fact, the number of candidates for election to the board exceeded the number of posts to be filled.
- The job will be offered to one of the 16 unsuccessful candidates who applied for the job last year.
- All candidates standing for election have to declare their knowledge of the rules.
- The left needs to meet the challenge of right wing candidates in union elections next year.
- It also claims this will also permit it to return copies of marked scripts to schools and candidates.
- The writer is a doctoral candidate in Teacher Development at the University of Toronto.
- Examiners and candidates have to manage these hybrid discourses within their conversation.
- They are being paid to turn students into exam candidates, aren't they?
- This challenge could keep an army of doctoral candidates busy for a long time.
- These specifications must be the same for candidates from within the school as external candidates.
- I saw my name on the list of candidates who had satisfied the examiners in the final examinations.
- Each candidate was assessed by seven examiners, each rating a different consultation on the tape.
- He would scribble in the margins of the examination papers to tell the candidate what he had done and why.
- Our first step was a visit to a company that grooms candidates for Oxbridge entrance.
- Thus there were also 12,000 fewer A-level maths candidates this year than last.
- It was a very hot summer term, and candidates for art A-level were invited to compose and draw a still-life.
- Scholarship candidates travelling from a distance can be provided with accommodation.
- Mr Aceti is a PhD candidate and researcher at Central St Martin's College in London.
- An educational system should be judged by how well it serves its pupils as people, not just as candidates.
- In a Canadian university, a male and a female candidate were finalists for a tenurable position in philosophy.
- Some driving schools offer relaxation techniques to candidates to help combat anxiety.
- The end of the course has an examination and internship for all candidates.
- The testing of women candidates should be carried out by women examiners, she added.
- He is a fine instructor and Ph.D. candidate who happens to also be an outstanding athlete.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!