Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(for domestic use) vela feminine(for domestic use) candela feminine(for altar) cirio masculinecandle snuffer — apagavelas
- Light candles and burn oils to create a restful and tranquil environment.
- She produces a lighter and the single candle on the table flickers into life alongside the vase of white flowers
- Winstanley climbed up to the lantern and lit a dozen tallow candles.
- At 8 a.m. the mayor lit the candles and incense and nine monks led the religious ceremonies.
- He was waiting, candles burning, flickering on the beautifully set table.
- You could burn incense sticks or light a scented candle.
- If the candle is put out the light disappears, but if the candle begins to melt and we touch the end of the dying candle to a new candle, then the light continues.
- The candles were lit in front of a portrait of Florence Nightingale.
- Readings, poems and music chosen by relatives were included in the service, during which candles were lit in memory of those who died.
- As I prayed this weekend, I lit the candles in our little shrine and found it focused my prayers beautifully.
- The name of every passenger who boarded at Cobh and later died at sea was read out and 79 candles were lit in their honour.
- The swimming pool was decorated with fairy lights and floating candles and a table for the intimate party of 12 was set outside.
- Posters highlighted the extra dangers the festive season brings - including the use of candles and fairy lights.
- They light candles and incense and kneel down to pray before the image.
- There was no light, and a huge rainstorm blew in - we just lit a bunch of candles, and it was pretty amazing.
- We sometimes light candles when it grows dark, but we don't use them in the bedrooms as we think it is too dangerous.
- During power outages exercise caution when using candles as a light source.
- I'd light candles in the small, pink room that I slept in to make it more homely.
- All the parents were given little red candles to light and then people could leave them there or bring them home.
- An inquest heard that the fire started after friends of Mr Wright lit candles in his flat while he had gone out drinking with a friend.
- Participants are asked to bring candles, lanterns and torches.