Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1candelero masculinecandelabro masculine(flat) palmatoria feminine
- This figurine was designed as a candlestick, with the holder protruding from the base on either side.
- Decorate your outdoor space with unusual iron sculpture, tall candlesticks or a variety of potted plants.
- She had two tall, shapely brass candlesticks that sat side by side on a small table in her entryway.
- Down the centre were tall black candlesticks with yellow, lit stumps of wax in.
- I certainly didn't want to spend my time polishing candlesticks and candelabra.
- It offers a wide variety of Christmas decorations, small gifts such as frames for photographs and figurines, silver candlesticks, candles and non-kitsch trinkets.
- Two more candles on silver-gilt candlesticks stand at each end of the coffin.
- Even a candle in a copper candlestick was present.
- The stolen candlesticks, which are about 8in tall and are painted to look like bronze, were taken from a mantelpiece in the museum's Hearth Gallery, which shows historic fireplaces.
- Everything was gold and marble: the tables, chairs, candles, candlesticks, and even the outside of the mantel.
- Instead of boring old scented candles and candlesticks, why not get a friend a candle that actually says something about them?
- On the table were three candlesticks, the one in the middle being the tallest, and the flames were bright orange.
- My own tastes run toward dark colors, simple oak antiques, comfortable chairs, brass candlesticks, and interesting but quirky ornaments.
- Following the recent tragic accident, a beautiful set of candlesticks were donated to the local church by her friends in remembrance of Helen.
- Communion chalices can cost between £500 and £10,000, with candlesticks worth in excess of £500.
- Other items stolen from the Holy Trinity Anglican Church included candlesticks, vases, antique tables, a communion vessel and a chalice.
- His interior pieces on display include medieval banquet tables, slender candlesticks and chandeliers, and mirrors.
- The candlesticks were made from teak and mahogany generating a two-tone effect and looked very impressive.
- A feeling of quality about the place was enhanced by the starched white tablecloths and napkins, and silver candlesticks.
- Tables are laid with fresh flowers and silver candlesticks with fish motifs.