Learn English Grammar From A–Z
adjective cannier, canniest
1(shrewd)(person) astuto(person) ladino(idea) astuto
- Scotland has a reputation for canny money management, and frequently outsmarts London's high-flyers.
- The canny acumen of business donors leads to inevitable speculation about the tax breaks linked to such donations.
- In the main, newspaper photographers are very canny with their money, and he was no exception.
- The wealth brought by his marriage and his canny eye for business between them enabled him to amass a substantial fortune.
- There is already evidence to suggest that some canny investors are hoarding such properties, which they plan to sell on in years to come.
- The canny investor knows that equities can deliver a fortune, the trick is to buy the right stocks at the right time and wait patiently.
- Both were meticulous artists and canny businessmen, adept at anticipating audience trends.
- Other bonds have been caught up in the gloom in recent months, and this may create selective buying opportunities for the canny investor.
- He is courteous, good-humoured, shrewd, canny and from a humble background in Edinburgh.
- The canny businessman, who was renowned for his own hard work, knew the percentage deal would be a powerful incentive for employees.
- It was a brave gamble, a bid for power, by an ambitious, clever and canny politician who saw his career facing a premature end.
- These guys were clever, canny combatants, and they had good media advisors!
- Tax can eat into your returns so canny investors make us of the available tax breaks.
- On the other hand, soldiers were generally a canny lot and chose intelligently.
- Cullen is a cautious and canny politician and it is unlikely that he was on a complete solo run with his comments.
- The 33-year-old Scot is a canny businessmen who always has an eye out for a good investment.
- Born performer: funny, canny and sharp, Paula Sage is a natural who made her name starring with Kevin McKidd in Afterlife.
- Beevor seems too intelligent and canny a writer to be taken in by Sudoplatov.
- We like to think that we are a bit more canny about what we buy.
- But obviously his canny father has a better plan-and it has nothing to do with love, romance, happiness.
2(thrifty)ahorrativohe's very canny where his own money is concerned — es muy cuidadoso cuando se trata de su propio dinero