Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Drawn up by another Liberal Democrat leader, Lord David Owen and US envoy Cyrus Vance, the plan envisaged Bosnia being divided up into 10 autonomous provinces or cantons largely along ethnic lines.
- It is divided into two ethnic cantons, separated by the river Ibar.
- One promising arrangement could be a confederation of independently governed areas or cantons, to be established in the territory between the Jordan and the Mediterranean.
- The limitations of the hegemonic strategy employed by Stuttgart were revealed beginning in 1796 when several Black Forest cantons agitated for reform to the ducal political system.
- For now, political leaders say they'll settle for federations, like the provinces that make up Canada or the cantons in Switzerland, retaining much of their power within a federal system.
- They will also elect three multi-ethnic state presidency members, a Serb Republic president and assemblies for 10 cantons in the Muslim-Croat federation.
- These are divided up into small cantons, separated by armed checkpoints restricting virtually all movement.
- His province was subdivided into districts and the latter into towns and cantons.
- The canton of Paraiso sits in the province of Cartago, but the Ministry of Agriculture distinguishes between various production regions in the country for the purpose of programming.
- Confederate authorities should do nothing to ensure their Jewishness, since matters of worship and education will be exclusive privileges of the constituent cantons.
- Together, they in turn promoted an enhanced consciousness of belonging to an imagined community existing beyond the canton - to nationalism.
- The capital of the new canton, however, was located at its south-western corner, where the major Iron Age stronghold at Chichester was succeeded by the Roman town of Noviomagus.
- Cantonal police units and a nominal confederate police, initially aided by an international contingent, should maintain public order and ensure peaceful relations between diverse cantons.
- Alongside the BiH state elections, there were also elections to the parliaments at entity level and in the Croat-Muslim Federation's cantons.
- Gaza is also divided into three separate cantons.
- Israel would retain control over links between the cantons, as well as the border with Jordan and would have overflying rights.