Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The trip passes by waterfalls, forests, canyons, valleys, sinkholes and caves.
- Oak woodland develops best in moist, protected canyons and valleys with deep alluvial soils.
- Towering bridges crossed creeks, ravines and canyons, while down below huge waves swept across rocks and deserted beaches.
- Crops were withering, cattle were dying, and the river that once sculpted canyons was a trickle.
- The book was an argument for preventing further dams in the Colorado River canyons.
- We're utilizing the helicopters in some of the rough area to get into those deep, steep canyons.
- The photography group go south again for the day, sheltered from the westerly wind to dive a maze of deep, narrow canyons.
- The helicopter then descended into the bottom of the canyon and landed on one side of the Colorado River.
- There is no place as mysterious or haunting as the canyons and valleys of the American Southwest.
- We've all seen earlier images of the Mars surface, which showed valleys and canyons.
- Three fascinating cultures converge in the red rock canyons of Mesa Verde.
- The coastline is varied, dramatic and rugged, cut with caves, gullies, canyons and sheer cliffs.
- While on the subject of canyons, there are some really spectacular underwater canyons off Great Dog Island to the west of Tortola.
- It's a hard battle though because when you're at the bottom of a vast canyon looking up, it seems a hell of a climb to the top.
- Before long, more prospectors arrived and followed the gold trail up the canyons to the west of the river.
- She could barely see the outline of a river winding lazily through the canyon.
- The canyon opened into vast boulder fields, where the river sometimes disappeared in the distance.
- Camping and fishing are available down in the Pecos River canyon or you can hike up on the mesa.
- Outlanders often refuse to believe that Texas even has canyons or mountains, but this range is no mirage.
- The trip in March 2005 includes five days and nights in the Sierra del Escambray mountains and treks through limestone canyons.