Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- La pena capital se aplica en 38 estados de EEUU a personas que han sido declaradas culpables de asesinato. Los métodos de ejecución varían e incluyen la horca, el fusilamiento, la cámara de gas, la silla eléctrica y la inyección letal. Aunque hay alrededor de 24.000 asesinatos cada año, muchos de los condenados a muerte apelan ante los tribunales superiores, lo que significa que muchos presos permanecen durante años en el pabellón de los condenados a muerte (death row) a la espera de ser ejecutados. En Gran Bretaña la pena de muerte por asesinato se abolió en 1965.
1pena capital femininepena de muerte feminine
- The fact that the International Covenant sanctions capital punishment must be seen in this context.
- That cost is not difficult to justify where capital punishment is the penalty for first-degree murder.
- The punishment was capital punishment and all of this was done to teach them a lesson.
- The crimes which would merit capital punishment for those in favour of same are indeed appalling.
- Though physical torture and capital punishment were opposed in all cases, no overt political position was to be taken.
- But, as with torture, the harm capital punishment does is not limited to its subject.
- Juries in death penalty cases are always quizzed about their attitudes on capital punishment before the start of the trial.
- It was at the forefront of opposing capital punishment and demanding prison reform.
- Or take the claim that forgiveness is superior to revenge, and that capital punishment is mere revenge.
- It will show itself in cases about capital punishment, corporate responsibility, gun control, you name it.
- He called for the restoration of corporal and capital punishment and pledged support for apartheid in South Africa.
- In Poland it became instrumental to the abolition of capital punishment.
- They end up robbing a bank, for which the penalty in China is capital punishment.
- The abolition of capital punishment was frequently urged in colonial politics and after.
- He could have been sentenced to death, but his prosecutors didn't seek capital punishment.
- Apprehensions that doing away with capital punishment can lead to more crime should be duly addressed.
- Severe punishments must be meted out and if necessary capital punishment will be needed.
- Through this we can also see that capital punishment is not necessarily a form of punishment at all.
- One of the uses of capital punishment is to deter other criminals from committing more crimes.
- I was hoping he'd be sent to jail for life, and not just because I oppose capital punishment.