Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(of person)captor masculinecaptora feminineit barked at its captors — les ladró a los que lo capturaron
- This seemed to catch their captor by surprise, but he quickly regained his composure.
- Many of the orange jumpsuit-clad detainees fight their captors at every opportunity.
- I only hope he can escape his captors so that we can remember his further exploits.
- Fighting in both world wars, she battled on after being injured by a bomb and even escaped from her German captors.
- The woman managed to escape when her captor was distracted and spent more than four hours hiding in scrub as he searched for her with a torch and dog.
- Again, during the journey, my mind turned to the movies, and how to escape your captor, should the need arise.
- You want to win the respect of your captors, so they drop their guard.
- The result is that the detainees are exploiting this asymmetry to run rings round their captors.
- Acting on instinct, Mac threw back her fist and caught her captor right in the nose.
- One of the first to try and escape amid the explosions and gun fire, her captors had turned their guns on her and cut her down as she fled.
- It seemed so easy to just escape from her captors, more so than any previous attempt at her imprisoning.
- Spectacularly, he is thrown by his captors over the side of the bridge and caught to dangle on his ropes and chains in mid air.
- The children escaped from their captors and returned home some months later.
- It was impossible for her to escape from her captor, who seemed to have arms made of steel.
- I only hope that wherever it is now, if it is caught again, that the captor gives it its freedom.
- After some hours, his captors relaxed and said that he would be released in the morning.
- More than 30 of them have been killed by their captors, but several have been released or have managed to escape.
- Some, it is understood, rose up against their captors in a desperate attempt to prevent the threatened carnage.
- He frustrated and defied them at every turn and encouraged other captors to do the same.
- A new video shows what captors claim to be an American man with his hands behind his back.