The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1Motor Vehiclescoche masculineautomóvil masculine formalcarro masculine Latin Americaauto masculine Southern Coneto go by car — ir en coche (or carro etc.)
- car accident — accidente de coches
- car deck — cubierta de coches
- car industry — industria automovilística
- car key — llave de coche
- car license — permiso de circulación
- car number — número de la matrícula del coche
- car valeting — lavado y limpieza interior del coche
- car worker — trabajador de la industria automovilística
— trabajador de la industria automotriz
- The city council is flexing its muscles after becoming the first local authority in the north west with the power to tow away cars without valid road tax.
- As dawn approached, police set up checkpoints as part of a plan to ban cars carrying fewer than four people from midtown Manhattan.
- The highway roads carry cars and trucks from the suburbs into the city.
- The equation is very simple - high powered cars on poor quality roads is not a recipe for success.
- The only things that existed were Lucy, me, and the sound of the car wheels on the road.
- An elderly man involved in a car crash four days ago died yesterday in hospital.
- I was able to drive the cars on both the roads around Atlanta and at the track at Road Atlanta Raceway.
- Residents of a treacherous road where 13 cars have crashed into a single home are petitioning to reduce speed in the area.
- These include closing some roads to cars, buses and lorries on Sundays so that people can walk, run and cycle in safety.
- The court heard that early last Wednesday the women pulled up at traffic lights in front of a police vehicle and left their cars blocking the road.
- There were old people coming to her premises by car who were not able to park outside her shop because of the taxi ranks.
- It is difficult to get to by car, the roads are very crowded and it is not always the best drive.
- Crowds elsewhere in the city threw stones at police and blocked roads with cars and buses.
- For moving freight, and people travelling with heavy loads or equipment, we need road space for cars and commercial vehicles.
- It is necessary to move buses on separate lanes, as the impact of one bus on the road is equivalent to that of four cars.
- While a caller was reporting the first incident, a second crash involving four cars happened on the northbound carriageway.
- If an innkeeper who keeps a public house provides a car park, he invites those members of the public who find it convenient to come by car to leave their cars in that car park.
- Police today have warned Ford Focus owners in East Lancashire to be extra vigilant as their cars are being targeted by car thieves.
- I have frequently been squeezed into the kerb by car drivers who think that two wheels plus four, will fit.
- The road police examines all cars that come into Moscow and leave it.
- car accident — accidente de coches
(for passengers, freights)vagón masculinecoche masculine
- She was switching standard gauge cars without any kind of idler car on the three rail track.
- Our train consists of six coach class cars, a cafe car, and one business class car.
- It used mules to haul two ore cars and a flatcar one and a half miles between its mill at the foot of the mountains and its mine.
- Amtrak has sold its mail cars and is getting improved dispatching from the Union Pacific Railroad.
- On the return trip the empty cars are handled like any other freight car in captive service.
- I was also amazed to find that the items from the diner car were not so bad at all!
- First-class cars included a pit toilet that opened on the tracks passing below.
- This morning the Jasper Red Leaf coaches are on the front and our dome car is on the rear.
- The brewery receives covered hopper cars of grain, rice, hops, and an occasional car of carbon dioxide.
- When No.4 arrived from Cincinnati, three mail storage cars were removed from the train.
- Twelve tons would have been the maximum capacity for one of these coal cars.
- The Newark stop took 7 minutes and I noticed a forklift truck at one of the mail cars.
- We have our own dining car so, let's meet in there about half an hour after we board.
- Nine cars of a coal train derailed early Tuesday about 13 miles east of Gillette, Wyoming.
3(of balloon)barquilla feminine
- They soon arrived at the lift, and the car arrived within ten seconds of keying for it.
- He had used the ring to get an express elevator car to the top of the Letap Center.
- The car-free village of Bettmeralp which is only accessible by a large-car cableway is located in the immediate vicinity of the impressive Aletsch Glacier.
- On the 26th of November, the balloon, fitted with its network, and having the car attached to it, was sent away from the hall of the Tuileries.
- The Cableway will extend its operational hours weather permitting: the last car up will be at 23h00 and the last car down will be at 01h00.
4(of elevator)cabina feminine
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!