Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1alcaravea femininecaraway seed — carvi
- Half were given Lomatol, a German herbal preparation containing peppermint, fennel seed, caraway seed and wormwood.
- I love their piney, resinous, spicy smell, but you could add a teaspoonful of caraway seed - an old friend of the cabbage - instead.
- Because kitchens of yore had limited ingredients, bakers often flavored cookies with dates, rose water, or caraway seed.
- She said her mother's Scandinavian background inspired her first to add a bit of caraway seed.
- He serves it on a toothsome, melt-in-the-mouth compote of beetroot, red onion and red cabbage, delicately flavoured with a hint of caraway and possibly cumin seed.
- Well there is the fiery chilli based Harissa made from olive oil, chillies, caraway, mint, cumin, coriander, garlic and salt.
- Dishes should be prepared with digestive spices such as cumin, caraway, ginger, mustard seed, clove, basil, turmeric, fenugreek, cinnamon, and garlic (roasted only).
- Add the leeks, onions, celeriac, garlic, tomatoes, coriander seeds, peppercorns, and caraway seeds and sauté until the vegetables are tender, about five minutes.
- The list of foods I dislike includes, but is not limited to, the following: olives, liver, kidney, most fish including salmon, crab, and squid, courgette, caraway, aniseed, liquorice, aubergine and peppers.
- Place the cabbage, mint, parsley and caraway in a large mixing bowl.
- Fry the onions until softened, then add the green pepper, tomatoes, stock, caraway seeds, sugar, paprika and cayenne and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Spoon some mustard sauce around the dish and garnish with caraway seeds and mustard seeds.
- Ground toasted coriander and caraway seeds are also traditional ingredients which can be added to harissa.
- Add the wine, Benedictine, blueberries, cranberries, chocolate, ginger, juniper berries, and caraway seeds.
- The Macao people have combined Western cheeses, Chinese soybean oil and caraway, coconut milk popular in Thai cooking, and Indian curries into Portuguese cuisine, which is spicy and enticing.
- Sweet and sour flavours - apples, dried fruits, vinegar - go very well with red cabbage, as do spices, such as caraway.
- The rye and pumpernickel have caraway, cardamom, and a touch of onion in the sourdough.
- A well-chosen rack of lamb lacked the promised rosemary or any herb in its jus, and two thick pan-seared medallions of pork similarly reneged on the caraway and cider.
- Lunch I'll make myself - usually some cold rice and salad with a dressing of olive oil, mustard, caraway seeds and garlic, or tabbouleh.
- Add in the carrots, sprinkle with salt and caraway seeds, and cook for about ten minutes.