Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- By simply changing the barrel or adding a bipod the AUG can change from a conventional rifle to an assault rifle, carbine, or light machine gun.
- Several buildings were examined and stores of grenades, Russian and Chinese machine guns, automatic carbines, uniforms and military equipment, including a tonne of ammunition, were found.
- One of such newly developed weapons for airborne forces of Nazi Germany were light carbines that could use standard ammunition.
- Mainly there are modern weapons in the game - weapons that were present-day in 1978: knives, pistols, shotguns, carbines, sniper rifles.
- A large part of Beretta's advertising campaign has been the ability to convert the Neos from a pistol to a light carbine without any tools, however, so far there has been no word on availability or price of this upgrade.
- He joined in with automatic fire from his carbine and threw grenades at the enemy, whose attacks were accompanied by bugles, whistles, flares and supporting mortar bursts.
- Pistol-caliber semiautomatic carbines are light and handy, particularly easy for smaller or weaker people to deploy.
- The pistol-caliber carbine, with its light recoil and mild report, offers an intimidating appearance when seen by a burglar at gunpoint.
- These included a shortened carbine, a sniper rifle, a belt-fed light machine gun, and a heavy-barreled squad automatic weapon.
- All four Crusader Blue tanks engaged the enemy on both sides of the road with coax,.50-caliber, and M240 loader's machine guns, M4 carbines, and M9 pistols.
- But as the war progressed the bolt action rifle was increasingly supplemented, or replaced, by carbines and by a variety of other automatic and semi-automatic firearms.
- While you can look for a lot more PDs to swap shotguns for rifles and carbines, the wave of the future may be stocking each vehicle with shotgun and compact auto rifle.
- If the family is in the safe room and the intruders are kicking down that door, the carbine, rifle or shotgun comes into its own.
- In answer, many departments, individual officers and armed civilians have turned to semi-automatic rifles or carbines in either pistol calibers or .223 for use as tactical long guns.
- Some people think fighting with a sniper rifle is somehow entirely different than fighting with a carbine, handgun or a shotgun.
- Seventy-five city policemen and Mississippi State Police officers armed with carbines, submachine guns, shotguns, service revolvers and some personal weapons, responded to the call.
- Armalite offers a comprehensive line of .223, .243 and .308 caliber rifles and carbines.
- There stood eight CIA operatives, dressed in black, holding various submachine guns and assault carbines.
- What was needed was a carbine or a short-barreled rifle that would fire an intermediate-weight cartridge and was capable of full automatic fire.
- The most common Arisaka models one comes across today at shows are the long rifles, short rifles, and carbines.